The Baptists have a long history in our town. The first Baptist meeting house here was dedicated in 1805. Worshipping in a building on the current town common for over 100 years, that fellowship remained faithful even through difficult times like the great Village Fire of 1887.
The New Boston Baptist Fellowship was founded in the fall of 1967, when Pastor Walter Poole led a small group of believers in meetings at the town depot, an old railroad station. After its incorporation on July 1, 1970 as the “New Boston Baptist Church, Independent”, the young church family began to search for some land to build a church facility. God provided and work began on the church’s current two-story structure on the corner of Rt. 13 and Lyndeboro Road just south of town.